believes that the human race and the natural habitat need to thrive together for mankind to lead a better life in the long run. We believe in creating a future where people are empowered and Mother Nature strengthened because only together we can ensure benefits that are sustained. While the task looks enormous, we have to make a start somewhere. And that’s why Sashakt Foundation has chosen to work in two key areas: Adolescent Girls and Waste Management.
Adolescent girls are a vital human link to effecting permanent positive changes in society. An empowered adolescent girl is more likely to stay in school, marry late, avoid gender-based violence, have more control over her agency, have better livelihood prospects, survive child birth, have healthier babies, use family planning choices, ensure her children go to school and do better. This is most likely to break the vicious cycle of underdevelopment for the next generation.
While we are concerned about the irreversible damage that we are causing to mother earth, many of us are unsure of what one can do about it as an individual. To ensure sustainable development and well-being, Sashakt encourages the people to use practices such as Organic farming, conserving Flora and Fauna and Waste Management which helps to ensure an environment to be healthy and replenishable. As it is rightly said, “we don’t inherit the nature from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” So it’s essential to take care of the environment.
- Organisational development, change management, programme strategy development
- Programme implementation – systems and processes
- Networking, policy making and advocacy
- Programme assessments, monitoring and evaluation, impact measurement
- Fundraising – corporate, institutional, bilateral, multilateral agencies and governmental
- Creating and managing boards, governance, legal and compliance issues
- Setting up and mentoring of senior leadership team